Berlin — Top Areas Of Interest
- Top Attractions
- Nightlife & Bars
- City Map
- Museums & Galleries
- Theaters & Cinemas
- Webcams (13)
- Parks & Nature
Berlin attractions are nearly endless. With hundreds of museums, restaurants, tourist hot spots and nightclubs, your biggest problem will be finding the time to do it all. This top ten list is Berlin in a nutshell.
1. Taking your first glance at the iconic Brandenburg Gate
The Brandenburg Gate has been transformed from a symbol of division to an emblem of reconciliation. It is one of Europe’s most recognizable landmarks and not to be missed.
- Learn more about Berlin Sights
2. Retracing the Berlin Wall
One can’t truly understand the city of Berlin without taking time to reflect on its past. Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall Memorial and the East Side Gallery are your best bets for reliving Berlin’s darkest days.
- Learn more about Berlin Sights
3. Spending a day on Museum Island
With some of the world’s best museums clustered on this small island, plan a full day for exploring them. (Take advantage of the multi-visit ticket you can purchase at any of them.) Then prepare to be transported to ancient Babylon, the Byzantine Empire or Greco-Turkish cities during your visit.
- Learn more about Berlin Museums
4. Relaxing in the Tiergarten
This large green park is a wonderful blend of nature and history. Have a picnic on the grounds, visit the Victory Monument or snap a picture of the old Bismarck memorial.
- Learn more about Berlin Parks
5. Star-gazing at the Berlin Film Festival
This Berlin attraction is also the biggest event of the year. Celebrities and tourists flock to the annual festival, which is one of the few to allow public viewings of its newest films.
- Learn more about Berlin Events
6. Checking out Berlin’s thriving club scene
Berlin nightlife leaves nothing to be desired. You’ll find every genre of music in a wide variety of clubs and bars that provide an almost unlimited menu of beer and spirits on the menu.
- Learn more about Berlin Nightlife
7. Watching a soccer match at Olympic Stadium
This large Olympic stadium is a Berlin attraction in its own right. But make the experience even more enjoyable by catching a game of Berlin’s own Hertha BSC Berliner club.
- Learn more about Berlin Sports
8. Browsing the shelves at KaDeWe
Continental Europe’s largest department store is a perfect place for souvenir shopping. When you’ve shopped till you’ve dropped, stop by the famous food court for a bite to eat.
- Learn more about Berlin Shopping
9. Listening to a Berlin orchestra
You have seven symphony orchestras to choose from in this international city. The Philharmonie and Konzerthaus in Gendarmenmarkt are two of your best bets for a superb musical performance.
- Learn more about Berlin Theaters
10. Sampling traditional Berlin currywurst
You simply can’t leave Berlin until you have tried their currywurst, which was invented in the city. Unless you’re a vegetarian, be sure to stop at a local stand and order some with mustard. With German beer and pommes frites on the side.
- Learn more about Berlin Restaurants
Would you like to know more about Berlin? Check out my new cool Web site specifically about the German capital, BerlinDude.com! :-)