Bielefeld — Top Areas Of Interest
- Top Attractions
- Nightlife & Bars
- City Map
- Museums & Galleries
- Theaters & Cinemas
- Webcams (6)
- Parks & Nature
Bielefeld attractions are varied and offer a little something for everyone. This top ten list is Bielefeld in a nutshell.
1. Exploring Sparrenburg Castle
No visit to Bielefeld is complete without a visit to Sparrenburg Castle. The castle is located on top of a hill, offering wonderful views of the town and vistas. Tours of the underground passageways are also a great way to spend the day here.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Sights
2. Taking A Nighttime Tour Of The Linen Works Museum
This Bielefeld attraction is a unique place to visit. The Linen Works Museum showcases the industrial history of the city, and you can even take a nighttime tour of the factory by flashlight.
- Learn more about Bielefeld museums
3. Watching A Classic Performance At The Bielefeld Opera House
A German opera is always an essential experience. Here at the Bielefeld Opera House, you can often catch a classic show, like Mozart’s The Magic Flute.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Theaters
4. Evoking The Far East In The Japanese Garden
Bielefeld boasts its very own Japanese Zen Garden. You’ll soon feel yourself transported from 21st Century Europe to 18th century Edo.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Parks
5. Catching A Live Band During A Night Out On The Town
Bielefeld has many pubs and dance halls, many of which offer live music. So if you’re in the mood for dancing and drinking, Bielefeld will keep you entertained.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Nightlife
6. Admiring The Architecture Of The Viaduct
For a bit of modern architectural marvel, check out the arching beauty of the Viaduct. It is superbly juxtaposed with the natural wonder of the Obersee Lake.
- Learn more about Bielefeld parks
7. Finding Adventure At Bielefeld’s Climbing Parks
Have a unique athletic experience at Bielefeld’s climbing parks, like the one at Johannisberg. Follow the treetop course for a sense of jungle adventure in the heart of Germany.
- Learn more about Bielefeld sports
8. Taking A Trip To The Past At The Sparrenburg Festival
If you want to see what Germany was like in the medieval times, then this Bielefeld attraction is for you. The Sparrenburg Festival transports you to medieval times with its minstrels, magicians and craftsmen.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Events
9. Eating Bielefeld Cuisine At An Outdoor Bistro
Bielefeld offers lots of outdoor restaurants that give you a chance to sample local cuisine drink some local beer as you enjoy the sunshine.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Restaurants
10. Shopping On Bahnhofstraße
This Bielefeld attraction is perfect for shopaholics. The Bahnhofstraße shopping district offers designer clothes and picturesque castle views.
- Learn more about Bielefeld Shopping