Hanover — Top Areas Of Interest
- Top Attractions
- Nightlife & Bars
- City Map
- Museums & Galleries
- Theaters & Cinemas
- Webcams (2)
- Parks & Nature
Hanover attractions are certain to please its many visitors. From world-famous gardens to the Gothic architecture to the traditional food, this German city is an international destination. The following list in Hanover in a nutshell.
1. Sauntering Through The Royal Gardens
You can’t say you have been to Hanover without visiting its star attraction. The Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen draw scores of travelers each year with its beautiful landscapes, pretty butterfly and bird free-flying exhibits and botanical gardens. Make sure not to miss the old hangout of the Kings!
- Learn more about Hanover Parks
2. Sampling Some Local Asparagus
Hanover is known for its asparagus production. If you visit in the spring, you’ll be just in time for the asparagus season, where you’ll find this favorite vegetable on the menus of many restaurants.
- Learn more about Hanover Restaurants
3. Having A Night Out In Hanover’s Varied Nightlife Scene
The Hanover night scene has a nearly endless amount of places to see and be seen. You can choose a night of relaxation at the local lounge, or party from twilight til dawn at one of its many unique night clubs.
- Learn more about Hanover Nightlife
4. Learning All About The City’s Rich History
This Hanover attraction will tell you all there is to know about this interesting place. The Historisches Museum covers the time of Hanover’s earliest settlements up to today, including its heyday of power when the Hanoverian dynasty rules Great Britain.
- Learn more about Hanover Museums
5. Exercising Your Credit Card On The Kröpcke Pedestrian Shopping Area
You can shop or window-shop all you want along this stretch of Kröpcke street. You’re sure to find designer brands and big name European department stores.
- Learn more about Hanover Shopping
6. Checking Out The Local Nature At Hannover Adventure Zoo
This Hanover attraction is widely regarded as one of Europe’s best zoos. The Hannover Adventure Zoo features gorillas, elephants, ferocious rhinos, bright pink flamingos, large birds of prey and the adorable sea lions in natural environments.
- Learn more about Hanover Parks
7. Splashing Around Lake Maschsee
This popular lake offers many opportunities for recreation. From a simple picnic to an elaborate dragonboat race, you’re sure to find something fun and worthwhile to do during your lakeside visit.
- Learn more about Hanover Sports
8. Keeping Your Eye On The Skies During The International Firework Competition
There’s never a more explosive and exciting time to be in Hanover than at this summer festival. The International Firework Competition showcases the best pyrotechnical engineers showing off all they can do.
- Learn more about Hanover Events
9. Experiencing The Old And The New Town Halls
Check out Hanover’s past and present with two magnificent Town Halls, offering some wonderful examples of elaborate architecture and design of the past few centuries.
- Learn more about Hanover Sights
10. Spending A Night At The Opera
There’s no more classic way to have a night of culture than the Opera. This Hanover attraction will fill you with classical music, traditional performances and give you a night to remember.
- Learn more about Hanover Theaters